rlynn91
It will be a month tomorrow that my Fiona passed I thought i was getting over this heartbreak but it still hurts We got a new cat but she isn't doing what she is suppose to do She is still afraid of our dog even though they have seen each other numerous times she wont come down stairs & look around I do pet her but i don't feel the connection i did with my Beloved Fiona i am trying but its hard you would think after 3 weeks she would start getting used to me but when i walk up stairs she has that frighten look on her what do i do ? 12376753_1171066579588086_5314987317947164848_n.jpg 
Rhonda robenolt

*Love you always fiona & Mrs kitty 
Quote 0 0
Larissa
It's so hard opening your heart to a new friend. Often we unintentionally compare the new pet to the one we lost ,and it's not really fair. As you know we can be so in tuned with our animals,that's what makes the beautiful bond. Remember it goes both ways though. They can also sense grief,sadness,anger,anxiety even if it's not directed at them. We often feel like they should understand and want to try to make us feel better,but in reality we can put so much negative energy out there that it scares them off. Moving forward with a new friend is great. Try to focus on just them,and how hard this may be for them. It's a good distraction and a building block for another great relationship like you had with Fiona. Maybe just sit on the step with kitty treats,without the dog around first. See if she will just come out to check you out on her terms. This one might take more effort on your part than anticipated. Sometimes a quiet moment is all they need to reassure them you're on their side. Spend time with her with no agenda,not even to pet her,just to " be" with her in her space. She'll come around. This is hard for you both,but it will be so nice after the transition period is over and you have another great soul to add to your heart of friends. Good luck Rhonda keep us posted. I'm so glad to see you opening your heart to another furry friend,it's encouraging for the rest of us that just aren't there yet.
Larissa
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
There is nothing I could add to the previous post but I am wondering about the background of your new addition.  Just guessing, but if she is a rescue kitty she may have a very disturbing past.  Without more information what Larissa posted is all good advice.  It is 7 weeks now since I lost my heart and soul, Molly, but I am still grieving terribly.  It is different for all of us and there is no right or wrong.  Animals surely DO feel our emotions strongly, so I agree that your new one may be picking up on your grief.  I wish you luck.
janice
Quote 0 0