Forum

Author   Comment  
kmayo99

Reply with quote  #1 
Yesterday marked 1 month since My sweet Yuki was taken away so soon. I am still wishing i could’ve done things differently. My parents were taking him to Petsmart for his grooming appointment. My dad took him to the small patch of grass in the parking so Yuki can go potty before the appointment. When Yuki finished, he slid out of his collar, which connected to the leash, and ran. At the same time, a car speeding down the parking lot struck him. Yuki died on impact. My parents watched in horror as the car ran him over and drove away revealing Yuki’s lifeless body. My mom blames herself. She wishes that she took the time to put Yuki’s harness on. They were running late to the appointment so they rushed. She wishes that she just carried Yuki straight to the entrance rather than setting him down. My mom wishes she did everything differently. My mom wishes she never asked me to schedule Yuki’s appointment. I wish I never made that appointment. I was supposed to schedule it on a Friday evening but decided to do Saturday morning. I wish I kept the original time otherwise Yuki would still be here. We had a family party the night before so I barely saw Yuki. I just saw him roaming around the living room and dining area. I remember just saying “Hi Yuki” when he passed me by. But that was the last time I saw him. I can’t even look at pictures of my sweet boy without crying. I miss him so much. It’s so hard to visit home when I come back from college because I know Yuki won’t be there to greet me. I miss him so much it hurts. I wish he was still here. I want to hold him tight and never let go. I want to feel his fluffy fur again. I want to fall asleep next to him and cuddle with him. I just want to see him again and hold him. It hurts so much.
Jasmines_Mom

Reply with quote  #2 
Yuki knew how much you loved him!  It's hard but try to focus on the good memories.  It's always easy to see things we could have done differently in life in hindsight but none of you could have known that this would happen.  You gave Yuki a good life and he knew that he was loved.  That is the most important thing.  I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel better.  I lost my baby Jasmine 3 weeks ago today and I still can't stop crying.  I miss her every second.  We just have to do our best to focus on the good memories even though it hurts.  I'm told that the sharp edges of grief will soften with time but we will always miss them.  We just have to take it one minute at a time.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

"You will lose someone you can't live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved.  But this is also good news.  They live forever in your broken heart that doesn't seal back up.  And you come through.  It's like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly - that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp." - Anne Lamott

Reply with quote  #3 
Jasmine's mom,
Thank you for your kind, sincere words. I am sorry for your loss. We all understand the pain you are going through. 
Like you said, we just have to take it one minute at a time. Time will heal both of us. Take very good care of yourself.
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #4 
It was a terrible accident. It wasn't anyone's fault. It was just Yuki's time. The good Lord called her home. Only he knows why. Yuki knows you loved her and will continue to always love her. She loved you and will always love you to, even from the Rainbow bridge where she will wait for you.
Mysweetsimba

Reply with quote  #5 
My gosh I feel for you. I'm so sorry for you have to go through this. I can't believe that the driver just drove off. You and your poor family are dealing with a great tragedy. You must realise that you guys are not psychic you could not have known what happened, if you did there was no way you would not have done things differently!! You loved him so much and it's clear how much Yuki meant to you all. Send your feelings of love to Yuki, knowing how much he was loved and cherished.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.