Dmoore Show full post »
Shillingg30
That’s really great to hear That you’re doing better. That’s where I hope be soon. It’s been a bit rough on my end. Two weeks today and some days are definitely easier than others. It’s the palpable emptiness in the house that makes it the hardest I think. 
Quote 0 0
Dmoore

The emptiness is here too. I’ve been distracted planning a trip to visit my daughter and then it hits me again. Something makes me think of my precious Jasmine and loneliness comes over me. Even posting on here, I constantly stare at her sweet face in my avatar picture and I get lost in it. My heart hurts again. I miss her so much. 

I know you’re struggling at 2 weeks. My heart breaks for you. It does get a little easier, if for only short amounts of time. You’re right about the emptiness. It’s overwhelming. 

Quote 0 0
Deederbestboy
I am feeling emptiness too. Without Deeder, it has so changed around here. I miss him so. Three weeks tomorrow and they called to say his ashes are in. 
Jeanne Swift
Quote 0 0
Dmoore
I am feeling emptiness too. Without Deeder, it has so changed around here. I miss him so. Three weeks tomorrow and they called to say his ashes are in. 

I’m so sorry. I’m praying for you. The day I received Jasmine’s ashes was extremely hard. I cried so much that day, but I felt like part of her was back with me, but of course I wanted more. 
Quote 0 0
CHendrickson
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one doing all of this! The other day my brother basically said I should be over it by now(even though he lived with my dog too)and just hurry up and get another dog like it's no big deal and she meant nothing! Sometimes I can't understand how people can be so cruel so I have been going through the motions and pretending to be fine even though I'm dying inside! It's probably not healthy but I'm tired of people comments and criticisms which just make the grief and nightmares harder and worse like they aren't bad enough already! Anyway just wanted to let you know that you're not alone hope this helped a little bit.
Quote 1 0
EevaTeddy
I am so sorry for your loss. I can relate completely and thank you for sharing that quote. That is the burden that we carry. No one will truly understand your pain - at least on this forum you can find the empathy that might not exist in your day to day life.  My experience was exactly that. Many people wanted me to move on when I lost my Teddy. They couldn't understand the anger and expected me to be normal which added to my burden. It's devastating losing a pet, if they can't relate I'd keep my distance. It's been two years since I lost my Teddy and I still cry a few times a week over his loss. No one has the right to judge your grieving process. I send you my support and I hope you find peace here with others who understand. <3
i see you in my dream my sweet little boy
Quote 1 0
MoMo48
Thank you so much for your post. It's been 8 weeks since my boy went to heaven and I feel no better than the day he passed. Even some of my dog people are saying "really"  you still going on about him!! Even one of my daughters!  I will NEVER get over the loss of my precious boy!  Thank you again !!
MaureenMcdonald 
Quote 1 0
Dmoore

CHendrickson, EevaTeddy, MoMo48, Thank you so much for your responses. I’m grateful for this forum and for you all. I know I have a safe place here to share my thoughts and feelings about my sweet Jasmine and the grief and loneliness that I feel without her. I know everyone here is suffering or has suffered from the loss of a beloved pet. When I see the word pet, it almost seems like it’s not enough. I know that you all know what I mean. My Jasmine brought me so much love and happiness. She was family to me. She was a gift that I sometimes felt like I didn’t deserve. That unconditional love that lasts her whole life. I’ve never felt it from anyone else before. The day that she died, I had people asking me if I was going to get another dog. As if she would be so easy to replace. It made me so mad. It’s been almost 7 weeks and I miss her so much. Yes, I will probably one day have another dog, but it’s going to be a long time from now. Maybe when the pain isn’t so raw. Jasmine was so wonderful. She was so special. We were just so perfect for each other. 

Quote 0 0