Rainbows Bridge Home Page New Beginnings Rainbow Resident Applications Rainbow Residents Index Pet Loss Grief Support Center Pet Poems & Stories Monday Candlelighting Ceremony E-Sympathy Cards Guardian Area Rainbow Boutique
Forum
Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

donnalee

Reply with quote  #1 
A friend just sent this poem to me with a picture attached of a loved one she lost this year--someone I loved very much also.  The person's picture was under this poem.  The poem is Christian in nature but it is general enough that I don't think it would offend non-Christians of you out there.  If you think it may offend you, then I ask you to skip over this posting.  As I read the short poem, I thought of this special person and, of course, my special Scottie.  It reminded me that our loved ones including our babies are in the most wonderful place and that we will be with them again someday.  It is short, here it is:

I'm Spending Christmas in Heaven This Year

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights like heave's stars reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas in Heaven this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.

For I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me and the pain inside your heart,
But it is only for a time that we are now apart.

I can't tell you the splendor or the peace here in this place,
Can you just imagine Christmas with the Savior, face to face?

So, please let your hearts be joyful and let your spirit sing,
For I am spending Christmas in Heaven and I'm walking with the King.

(No author/poet name given)
Meghanm

Reply with quote  #2 
That is a truly beautiful poem. Thank you so much for posting it.

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
terasfortoby

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnalee
A friend just sent this poem to me with a picture attached of a loved one she lost this year--someone I loved very much also.  The person's picture was under this poem.  The poem is Christian in nature but it is general enough that I don't think it would offend non-Christians of you out there.  If you think it may offend you, then I ask you to skip over this posting.  As I read the short poem, I thought of this special person and, of course, my special Scottie.  It reminded me that our loved ones including our babies are in the most wonderful place and that we will be with them again someday.  It is short, here it is:

I'm Spending Christmas in Heaven This Year

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
With tiny lights like heave's stars reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectular, please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas in Heaven this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.

For I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me and the pain inside your heart,
But it is only for a time that we are now apart.

I can't tell you the splendor or the peace here in this place,
Can you just imagine Christmas with the Savior, face to face?

So, please let your hearts be joyful and let your spirit sing,
For I am spending Christmas in Heaven and I'm walking with the King.

(No author/poet name given)
That is lovely..and it brings comfort.  thank you
tikibarb

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks Donnalee.  I have been holding it together pretty well but that poem really hit home.  I do believe they are in a better place and that I will see Ted someday but it is so hard to let go of the sorrow.  Baby Pip has been a Gods send and I credit him with my happy holiday.  I think Ted may have had a hand in it as Pip did some things that were typical Ted.  Since they are both poodles, it seems natural that they would have some similarities but a couple of things Pip did were things only Ted did.  It was very strange when it happened and I am trying not to question it.  I am taking comfort knowing that Ted sent me a sign that he is truly and it is OK to love Pip and to let him into my heart.  
judylinn

Reply with quote  #5 

Donna, thankyou so much for sharing this beautiful poem, it made me cry right away, but good healing tears, it helped me find some comfort this night. releasing the tears for me really helps me. I hope you don't mind, I'm going to copy it to maddies page.  Judy

donnalee

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks everyone.  Sorry it brought some tears but I realize tears are not always a bad thing.  I'm glad others found some comfort in it.  Judy, I'd be honored for you to post it on Maddie's page.    Barb mentioned receiving a sign from Ted, that is so great!    I don't think I got a real sign but something did happen that brought me some warm comfort on Christmas Eve night.  My daughter and I stayed up late to watch a movie she had ordered from Netflix.  I hardly ever watch the movies with her because I usually an earlier bedtime (earlier work day) than her.  However,  it was Christmas Eve and I wanted to stay up later and spend some time with her.  The movie was "In Her Shoes".  One of the characters left her job as an attorney and became a dog walker.  One of the 4 dogs she walked was a dead-ringer for Scottie.....I mean that dog looked like him, walked like him, had facial expressions like him, was the same size, coloring, everything.    There were quite a few scenes with that dog and, for some reason,  it brought me a lot of comfort & made me feel so happy to watch those scenes.  Poor Kayla, I kept making her rewind to let me watch those scenes over again.   I can't explain it.   I have tons of pictures of Scottie but this was better, it was like seeing Scottie in action again....when he was healthy and happy.     Then, on Christmas Day, I got to spend a lot of time with Scottie's dad at my in-law's house, so that was also wonderful.   It's hard for me to call the movie a sign but Susie S. always said there are no coincidences....if you think it might be a sign, it is a sign.    All I know is Kayla ordered that particular movie at a time that  I  would be able to  stay up and watch a movie with her, and the movie just happened to be one that gave me a great deal of comfort.....I'm considering it a little Christmas present from Scottie!  

otto12

Reply with quote  #7 

That was a beautiful poem donnalee. Thank you for sharing it! Christmas has not been the same without Jalle and the grief is still very strong even if its getting better. I know they are in a better place and that we one day will meet again. I just wish we could have had more time together here on earth.

slotaddict

Reply with quote  #8 

What a beautiful poem Donnalee, thank you so much for sharing...I am missing my girlie so much and this really helps...

Aikilts

Reply with quote  #9 

Thank you this really helps great poem it fits my mint ju and helps with a loss this time of year.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

This site was inspired by and is dedicated to FiFi

Visit the Human side of Rainbows Bridge - BelovedHearts.com